The Indian Auto Industry started to show signs of improvement recently. So, what better time it was for a People`s Company such as Hyundai to release their long awaited premium hatchback. Yes, you heard it! Hyundai Elite i20 is finally released. But don`t get your hopes up too soon. New i20 still has to come a long way as it got pretty tough competition in market already. But will it survive, let`s see the chances!
Introducing New Elite i20
After long wait, the secrets under hood the new Hyundai Elite i20 is finally revealed. Launched in both Petrol and diesel versions, Hyundai elite i20 aims to beat its predecessor in terms of looks and comfort. For first look, i20 now has bigger wheelbase, better legroom with addition of Rear Air convents. Well that was the interior, as for performance, steering got smoother with better fuel economy. But when it came to safety, Hyundai got dicey and added just 2 airbags instead of 6. Anyways let`s keep the specifics for latter and why don`t you just enjoy the ride!
Hyundai Elite i20 Variants with Price (Both Diesel and Petrol)
- Hyundai Elite i20 ERA (Petrol: 1.2 Liter, Rs 5 Lac and Diesel 1.4 Liter, Rs 6.2 Lac)
- Hyundai Elite i20 Magna (Petrol: 1.2 Liter,Rs 5.5 Lac and Diesel 1.4 Liter, Rs 6.7 Lac)
- Hyundai Elite i20 SPORTZ (Petrol: 1.2 Liter, Rs 6 Lac and Diesel 1.4 Liter, Rs 7.3 Lac)
- Hyundai Elite i20 SPORTZOption (Petrol: 1.2 Liter, Rs 6.4 Lac and Diesel 1.4 Liter, Rs 7.6 Lac)
- Hyundai Elite i20 Asta (Petrol: 1.2 Liter, Rs 6.6 Lac and Diesel 1.4 Liter, Rs 7.8 Lac)
Hyundai Elite i20Technical Specifications
To be honest, there a few major Hyundai Elite i20 specs difference as compared with Hyundai i20. Highlights are mentioned below:
- 6 Speed Transmission Manual
- 1,396 CC Displacement
- Power 83 HP Petrol and 90 HP Diesel
- Torque Diesel 220 Nm and Petrol 115 Nm
- Fuel Efficiency of 20-22.5 Km per liter
- Engine: 1.4 L U2 CRDI for Diesel and 1.2 L Kappa Dual VTVT for Petrol
Read the full technical review on Hyundai Elite i20 Specifications.
If I sum it up the entire Hyundai Elite i20 body design is filled with clever and mild curves to keep it interesting. Representing the Fluidic Sculpture Design, Hyundai took precautions for achieving its goals. Starting with the front bumper, radiator grill is placed down but the company logo is followed by a clever and sharp grill line. As for headlamps, they can easily turn for daytime thanks to their white accents with LED. However, you won`t get so lucky with tail lumps. They are sharp and brilliantly styled but are not LED. But I really liked the rearview camera for parking. The best part is, you rearview mirror acts as its screen.
The second most important thing to make a car successful! If a car is not comfortable, it’s useless. Well, Hyundai kept this fact in mind while working on car design. Elite i20 comes with a impressively designed and well finished interior. Yes, this car is full of features inside out. Starting with steering, it’s covered in leather and is equipped with controls for both telephony and audio. Addition of multi information display at central instrument console is great but missing the fuel efficient details gonna cost the company.
- Audio System
To sum it quick, all I can say is you will be satisfied with its eight speakers as you now will play songs from CD, aux, USB and even Bluetooth. Apart from that, the audio system also offers 1 GB storage for your media.
Comfortable, large and comes with lateral support, the Hyundai Elite i20 interior is designed for better under thigh support for both front and rear passengers. Enough leg room with addition of an AC Vent! All these features, I have to say that Elite i20 makes a good choice for a family car.
- Boot Space
Largest segment of car, at massive 280 liters! Hyundai Elite i20 only falls behind the VW Polo when it comes to Boot Space.
Engine and Performance
- First thing on everyone`s mind whenever we see a new car. Hyundai Elite i20 engine widely known for its fuel efficiency with displacement of 1,396 CC.
- To my dismay, the engine specifications of new i20 were not much different than previous version. However, there were some notable changes.
- First is 6 Speed manual transmission (also featured in previous i20) comes with better cruising along with minimum consumption on high ways. Light clutch with help of slick shifts is now easier to control.
- Powered by 1.4 liter U2 CRDI for diesel and 1.2 Kappa Dual VTVT for petrol, the new i20 elite can easily produce up to 115 nm torque with 83 BHP for petrol and 220 nm with 90 BHP for diesel.
- For a fuel efficient hatchback, Hyundai elite i20 performance is pretty impressive at 2,000 rpm. However the engine is redlined near 4,500 rpm.
Stiff suspension is a major improvement however the ride doesn`t run as smooth in slow pace as the previous did. But elite did manage to gain better composure for speed. Steering almost has the same feeling but provides an ample grip. However, I believe girls will love the light steering at cramp areas. But if you want to compare elite i20 to previous versions, I have to admit there`s a vast amount of improvement in the diesel version.
- Ford Fiesta
- Volkswagen Polo
- Fiat Punto Evo
- Suzuki Swift LXI
- Nissan Micra
In the end, we save overall improvements in Hyundai Elite i20 vs Hyundai i20. Exterior design is impressively edgy, interior is both comfortable and ravishing but as for performance. I have to admit there wasn`t much improvement as we all hoped. Still I would say new elite i20 is a grab! However, due to tough competitors and best sellers such as Swift, Polo and Micra already cruising around! No doubt elite i20 has to work to make a strong presence in market.
[ Images and Video are third party resources. Following are also linked back. For any complaints check contact page. ]